Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cllr Adam Lowe New Oakham Town Councillor

Cllr Adam Lowe New Oakham Town Councillor

Oakham Town Council kept up its tradition of warmly welcoming new members tonight.

Cllr Lowe got stuck in and did a good job for a first meeting he was better than he thinks.

He exercised his right to vote against a proposal and I believe he may have sensed some disapproval and enquired is that all right or will I be beaten up?

Those who may wish to do that are rather to cowardly and get to members using other methods.

I was a little concerned Cllr Matthew Taylor seemed to be taking the easy option tonight he abstain rather a lot. It is my understanding a Cllr should consider the proposal and vote yes or no, its important the public knows were their Cllr stands on any issue.

And dont worry Mr Taylor a no vote is not going to grant Oakham Town Council a discount on cement at Cllr Lowes builders yard, well I don't think it will?