Friday, May 06, 2011

Rutland County Council, Election Count, Martin Brookes

Just off to the election count:

A  comment made by Dave (Burton) last night clearly shows he has connections with Rutland County Council.

During the time the polling stations were open yesterday, he published many tweets asking people in the Greetham ward not to vote for loony Martin Brookes. these included direct messages to local voters.

I would like to point out before the vote is counted I never expect to win this County Council election, I was surprised how easy it was to obtain the required nominations. Standing with no policies. No political experience. Of course I can not say how many postal votes I have seen, I can say I won't be receiving the lowest vote in history. I leave that to the Conservatives who repeatedly get elected with no votes because no one is interested in standing against them and after the behaviour I have been subjected to I can fully understand why.

There will be no sour grapes, I have already claimed foul play and provided evidence and each time the Returning Officer Helen Briggs has refused to speak with me. I have have written to the Electoral Commission regarding my concerns this week and hand delivered a letter to Rutland County Council yesterday.

I have also complained to the police for failing to act with regard to the posters display by Conservative Roger Begy's supporter. I read the legal posters at the polling stations and it is very clear the posters and David Burton published twitter contravened the part of the act titled illegal practices no.5 I am hoping the police will now trace David Burton via his twitter account so he can be duly prosecuted for his harassment and pay the level five fine. Once he is traced I know of a Oakham School teacher  and a Hertfordshire resident who would be happy to know who he iis. They are currently seeking legal advice regarding his twitter tweets about them.

Whatever ever happens from Monday I will be Councillor Martin Brookes happy to be serving the people of Oakham via the Town Council. I am very disappointed the other five councillors are refusing to meet with me, one could say a super new start for the New Town Council. The current Mayor Sharon Spencer was keen for the meeting to happen, before we all met in public. The other new (existing) councillors have this week met privately to discuss future plans of the council excluding me because although I am elected a councillor I can not sign my papers until Monday 9th

Finally not putting myself down, but really what choice did the voters of Greetham this election?

Last night I received a letter of support from a Greetham resident, it amused me when he asked, when Mr Begy wins will we have to address him as Lord Begy from now on.

I  was disappointed to hear so many people yesterday saying we don't vote because nothing will ever change at the council