Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Adam Robinson International Business Development Manager at EDI PLC

Next time your employer tells you off for using its systems to make comments on blogs tell them its ok and its in your private capacity.

Just like Adam Robinson  International Business Development Manager at EDI PLC did.

Dear Cllr Brookes,

My name is Adam Robinson and I am writing to you regarding your blog which focuses on politics within Rutland. Your blog was made known to me by local friends within the Rutland area several months ago.

On the 7th July I revisited your blog; and at 7.45am as your system indicates, posted my first and only comment onto your blog, I have cut and pasted this below. I have no knowledge or involvement of any other content.

Unfortunately you have wrongly inferred that this comment involves my employers, EDIplc and a purported relationship with Rutland County Council. Quite simply, it was me who posted this comment, in my capacity as a private individual and has nothing whatsoever to do with EDIplc or any of its staff.

As a well known local Councillor who blogs on local current affairs, has the said blog set to receive comments, I assumed that you would have welcomed an engaging comment whether critical or otherwise. I kindly request that you remove all reference to EDIplc and by doing so prevent further damage to both the organisation and its staff.

Best Regards,

Adam Robinson


And, Councillor, what exactly is your strategy for the coming year and the operational tactics you intend to employ yo maintain that strategy?

It seems to me that your overall strategic goal is to destroy the council, and the main tactics are:

1. To not offer any reasonable input to council meetings.
2. To ensure that no member of the public would willingly volunteer to working with you.
3. To utilise your blog in order to find fault whilst at the same time not offer any worthwhile solutions to perceived issues.

And Cllr Lucas is right, you are indeed the issue. And as a well known local resident I can tell you with utmost confidence that you have just one supporter and no one wants you involved in local issues.

But, that's the negative aspect of democracy, no?
July 07, 2011 7:45 AM