Thursday, August 11, 2011

Helen Pender, Leicestershire Constabulary, Hate Crimes, Oakham Town Council

Helen Pender, Leicestershire Constabulary, Hate Crimes.

Special Constable and Oakham Town Councillor Adam Lowe, says police examined Helen Penders computer, after she told police some one had accessed her pc at home to send me e-mails and comments of  a homophobic and hateful nature. A Inspector at Melton police station has written to Helen Pender to say the finding were inconclusive.

Adam Lowe then said this is would be the likely outcome of the ongoing investigation into the homophobic hate crimes against me. I think this is wishful thinking of many councillor past and present who have been involved.

This morning I received another disgusting letter. I attended a working group at Oakham Town Council this morning and mentioned the letter and my disgust and said this needs to stop, Cllr Dewis stormed out of the meeting. The letter has be crimed at Oakham police station, once again a large amount of tax payers money will be spent examining it.


Oakham Town Council

At last nights meeting new members were critical of the clerks accounts and systems and he got very angry when I brought up the time I raised the same issue and he reported me to standards. This will be heard next week in Birmingham and he said said he is glad! It is clear his acceptance of my apology was not genuine, he is clearly part of the small group who are determined to see me removed from the council.

I will say it again the professional opinion I was given regarding Oakham Town Councils accounts was they were rubbish. The internal auditor says they are acceptable. I disagree the cost to the council is huge and all we receive are account that anyone could knock up on a home PC.

The Clerk last night said The Chairman must now account for her allowance with receipts. In the past the council had just passed the allowance to the chairman and not asked for any explanation of how it is spent. The Clerk says it is for the chairman and no one else to decide how the allowance is spent. I think he need to remember this is tax payers money and they would expect Cllrs to ensure this money is spent wisely.

It is disgusting this money was for many years just handed over. The Council should as I request previously be asking for the return of some or all the money paid to Councillor Jan Fillingham who spent most of her time of sick.

This flippant attitude towards tax payers money needs to stop. When work is required on the skate park we don't obtain quote. The wife of the person who is contracted to carry out the work is employed by Rutland County Council. When the contractor came to collect his last £2,0000 cheque he was asked "do you want the cheque payable to you personally or the company"?

Oakham Town Council has now authorised the Clerk to obtain quotes for new Christmas light, After he presented one quote to members with the figures blanked out from a company, who he some how made contact with. I agree with another Councillor the town spends far to much money on a small show of lights and even more putting them up and taking them down. It is likely the Council will be asked by the clerk to spend far more.

New members are now starting out number older members they ask some questions the clerk is finding uncomfortable. I wonder if the Clerks chums are going to start rallying around him, will they receive threats and hate mail?  The Clerk tells me he is very good friends with the leader of Rutland County Council Roger Begy. Not something I would want to boast about.

Another new councillor used a "c" word to describe Oakham Town Council, "Corrupt" It did surprise me. But not anything I have not said in the past. The Council has been corrupt in the past and people need to be held accountable and put things right.

Jan Fillingham can start first by writing a cheque and return at least half her allowance money she did not account for and all the past chairman who the clerk said said did the same until the internal auditor picked it up last year should do the same.