Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oakham Town Council Loving Spending Your Cash! £4000 Notice Boards

Since my tribunal hearing ended two weeks ago the standards complaints have started to flow again.

I have not been told the outcome of the tribunal, I can only guess Rutland County Council and Oakham Town Councillors know something I dont?

It is very clear to me Oakham Town Council feels it is not accountable to the tax payer.

Only this week it gave away tax payers money to Oakham Town Partnership for no clear reason.

The Deputy Chairman said "we must trust the partnership" This is a irresponsible way to handle tax payers money.

Oakham Town Council Clerk once said to me "it's our job to collect the tax and spend it as we please" "Oakham town council is like a football club and you will follow the rules and outside rules and laws don't apply"

I blogged his comments and Cllr Dewis suggested I am bullying the Clerk, he has made the same claim again this week

Three standards complaints were raised by him this week against me.

I received a letter this morning from Peterborough City Council to inform me two other complaints were made during September.
Data protection protects these bullies, I dont know what the complaints refer to or who made them. Thanks go to Cllr Hopkin for sending me a copy of Cllr Dewis three latest.

They keep saying I am wasting tax payers money, do you know how much Peterborough City Councils hourly rate is for the use of their legal services, a lot more than any amount of tax payers money they allege I cost the tax payer.

Can you imagine how efficient Town Council we would be  if Cllr Dewis and his mob concentrated all their efforts on running the council instead of bulling, intimidating and excluding me a of me from the council.

Second thoughts if they were spending less time trying to exclude me that would give them more time to squander your money.

This Wednesday the council voted to approve the following:

Recommendation from the Tourism and Promotion Working Group.

The Tourism & Promotion Working Groups has considered the provision of notice boards for displaying
information about the town. The group recommends a maximum of £4000 is
allocated for the purchase & erection of noticeboards

There is nothing wrong with the existing notice boards. I pointed this out to one of my ward residents and they thought the notice boards would cost at most a couple of hundred pounds each. When I told them the estimated cost they said that is nearly the whole council tax precept from the residents of their road for notice board very few if any would ever look at.






Earlier this year Mayor Cllr Joyce Lucas wrote to people who wished to be co-opted onto the Council and said the present financial climate does not effect Oakham Town Council. I guess not if you ask for a precept and you receive and it and spend it with no concern for those who struggle each year to pay it!


I think its important to note not one single Oakham Town Councillor is elected by the public.
Maybe this is why they get away with enjoying squandering tax payers money.

Is this because of voters apathy?

I am often spoken to about the wasting of peoples money, but no one is ever willing to stand in the local elections.

Rubbish like Conservative Deputy Leader of Rutland County Council write to me and say I am responsible for the lack of candidates. I can't really see that is true?



Oakham Town Council treats tax payers cash like petty cash