Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oakham Tennis Club, Top Secret, Oakham Town Council


Oakham Tennis Court Saga Continues. We still have not got any closer to finding the mole.

This relates to local press coverage of an informal meeting (meant to be public), at which the Tennis club waffled and the residents were forced to rush a very well thought out presentation.

I think this stage (round one) has come to a conclusion it may have been the tennis club who spoke to the press?

I don't think it matters who spoke to the press! 
I am rather fond of the Tweet I received this morning from a local resident: its a council meeting, not MI5. I think some of the these councillors might have delusions of adequacy
Below is an email received from Cllr Lowe, I am so pleased his investigations have cleared my BLOGG. !!!

I wonder if he checked out Oakhampeople, from what I gather the site is monopolised by ex Cllrs it also has a huge input from Nora  a self confessed tennis club member and there has been discussion relating to this very sensitive issue.
Dear ALL
 
Thank you for ALL your responses.
 
Please note I was not pointing the finger at any of my fellow Councillors or Staff.
 
It may well have been the Tennis Club?
 
Martins BLOGG, in recognition of a question that came back, does mention the meeting
but no real content so there is no issue there.
 
I have picked up on the mattter regarding confidentiallity of meetings, some members were clearly confused as to it being a closed meeting or not..........the other point that is clear now is that if ever we get to this situation again we should be more specific, state that a presentation by Power Point should not exceed X minutes and that a time slot for questions from the Council is allowed with a sensible amount of time for each Councillor...........and lastly a small break to allow the second presentation to 'set up'.
 
To be honest I think it matters not a great deal that it was in the paper, the resident was clearly concerned but I have re-assurred them as best I can and that is the matter done and dusted.
 
A storm in a tea cup.
 
Regards
 
Adam
 
Cllr Lowe