Monday, December 12, 2011

Deputy Mayor Cllr Charles Haworth Makes Hoax 999 Calls

Deputy Mayor Cllr Charles Haworth Makes Hoax 999 Calls


Leicestershire Constabulary have asked me to be careful when blogging these events that happened earlier this evening.  Don't say anything that Mr Haworth may considers might defame him.

So here goes. I  ask is our deputy Mayor mentally ill? (a question)

It is my opinion Mr Haworth is a bully

Oakham Town Council organised an exhibition of Oakham past and present. I ask the Town Clerk would be OK for me to pop in as it was part of the Christmas late night shopping? He said yes.

The rain started so I thought it time to visit the craft fair and Oakham Town Councils public exhibition.

I entered the council exhibition noticed the Mayor and Cllr Haworth and Cllr Dodds manning the Royal British Legion Tombola.

Whilst looking at the refreshments on offer Cllr Haworth Deputy Mayor shouted "Help your self" so I selected a Asda Mince Pie (good to see Oakham Town Council supporting local trade the nearest Asda is some miles from Oakham) I then went to pour a soft drink and Cllr Haworth repeated "Help your self" I thank him he responded "I am being sarcastic and hurry up and leave you are not welcome, I will call the police"

I then took a photograph of the begrudged mince pie. Cllr Howarth called 999 an abuse of a public service and said "Police please"

Whilst on the phone to the police he lied, he told the police I was being annoying, disruptive and shouting  abuse, he even told the operator I was attempting to take his phone from him.

I decided to wait for the police as I did not want them wasting time looking for me around town.

Whilst waiting I think I spotted MP Alan Duncan's Assistant I am sure she would have noticed if I was behaving in the way Cllr Haworth described to the police.

Cllr Woodcock presented me with her Christmas card and Cllr Guthrie greeted.

I took the photograph of Cllr Haworth hanging on his phone and then  a fresh faced charming member of Leicestershire constabulary arrived.

Cllr Haworth repeated his lies the officer asked me to leave Victoria and if I returned he would arrest me.

Imagine my surprise about 30 minutes later speaking on the phone, another member of the public was distressed because they had been treated in the same manner by Cllr Haworth.

Cllr Haworth of course has a right to exclude anyone from private property.

What he does not have a right to do is abuse his position or authority he may have, waste police resources, lie to the police, abuse the 999 service.

Cllr Haworth is aware of the 101 service for non emergency calls

999 should only be used if a crime is being committed or a life is at risk, none of those applied in this case.

The young officer said he had not abused the system because Cllr Haworth felt  was distressed and under threat?