Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Cllr Richard Gale, changes and Ignoring and poor leadership at Rutland County Council

Cllr Richard Gale, changes and Ignoring. the poor leadership at Rutland County Council.


undefined
www.richardgale.me
regal_48@yahoo.co.uk


The point has been made before about the rapid expansion of Oakham. It is only recently that I realise the extent of  objection to 'the apparent rush' to get proposals through. One of the cases I have argued for on behalf of the vast majority of Barleythorpe residents on the west side of the road through the village is the proposal to change an area of 'Particul Attractive Countryside' adjacent to the village into two football pitches, one being floodlit. Where is the joined up thinking and efficient use of limited resources? I'm being asked. And why is the local voice ignored?
Moving clockwise around Oakham  we have the Parishes of Langham and Ashwell raising concerns about an anearobic digester idea on their doorsteps. As far as I am aware there is no proposal in the form of a planning application been received by the local authority. So why are so many people worried? what triggered this off?
What is happening to the north and west sides of Oakham? is it to double in size? how does the infrastructure need to be up-graded to accommodate what has already been approved and the proposals being aired? Do we really want to do this to Oakham and Rutland? All questions I am being asked in various forms.
A personal note here..........I have never felt so disappointed at the way a political group is seemingly forging ahead with schemes and projects without full and open consultation with the public. I have not seen before what I see as poor leadership within the council. Some thoughts I have to keep to myself, but ask, is the local authority making best use of the elected members? why are some very capable councillors being 'distanced'? Why do some of the main group feel uninvolved?