Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Uppingham Telephone Exchange Investigation Rutland Telecom, Digital Rutland

Uppingham Telephone Exchange Investigation –



The police investigation into this incident is continuing and a £1000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for twice switching off the Rutland Telecom signal has been published and notified to the police.

It is understood that BT, who own the exchange, have admitted that one or more of their engineers were on the premises at the time of the first incident.

A full report will be made to the Uppingham Business Forum which next meets at 5.30pm on October 16th 2012 in The Falcon Hotel

I don't want to say much on this because I fear Tory fruit cake Gene Plews will get his mates to cause me a few more problems.

What I will say is I used to be a BT Broadband customer and I learnt that the exchange has thousands of plug in boards and those boards each serve 4 houses. 

BT Open Reach were constantly visiting Oakham exchange to reinsert the board that served my home.
It became such a frequent event I wrote to the Chief Executive of BT and there was a investigation and 
they also found the Oakham exchange was manned when by staff when the card as they call it was falling out. I was offered compensation for BT I  took that and switched provider, I now a wireless service provider so I imagine it is a little harder for that card to fall out.

Rutland Telephone exchanges remind me of the stories you hear about the quaint old GPO village exchanges where the operator would monitor calls for local community purposes.



Cllr Joyce Lucas would have adored the
above role...