Friday, November 16, 2012

Bob Jones, Police and Crime Commissioner, West Midlands


Bob Jones
Ballot logo
Labour Party Candidate
Force area:
West Midlands

Bob Jones

Election statement:
I’m West Midlands born and bred.  Apart from studying at Nottingham University, 
I’ve always lived within a mile of where I was born in inner-city Wolverhampton, 
and where I’m a long-standing Councillor.
For more than 20 years I have campaigned against crime and anti-social behaviour 
and due to my record of putting the Police and the community before any vested interest, 
and with support from all political parties, I became Chair of West Midlands 
Police Authority and of the National Association of Police Authorities. In 2010 I 
was awarded the CBE ‘for services to policing’. 
In those roles I oversaw the introduction of new crime prevention strategies, 
the pioneering of neighbourhood policing, investment in our Police Officers 
and their support services and focused on getting the Police and local Councils 
to work together.  This meant that between 1998 and 2012 we saw a halving of 
crime in the West Midlands.
 Supporting the Police in the battle against crime is my priority and as an elected 
Police and Crime Commissioner I will:
 * Protect neighbourhood policing from further government cuts
 * Retain Police and Community Support Officers
 * Oppose the privatisation of core policing services
 * Fight for a fair funding deal for the West Midlands Police Service
 * Set up local policing boards in each area to ensure local people set local  priorities
* Put victims first by ensuring that funding for Victim Support is safeguarded
* Steer young people away from crime and gang culture by encouraging the police 
to work with schools, local councils and voluntary organizations
Prepared by Judy Foster election agent, The Labour Party, of  Thomas Street, 
West Bromwich, B70 6NT.
Contact details
Website:  www.wmpcc.org.uk
Email:  bob@wmpcc.org.uk
Telephone 0121 569 1921 (office hours)
facebook.com/BobJones4WMPCC
Twitter: @bob4pcc