Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rutland Radio Breakfast Presenter Rob Persani is running the London Marathon in aid of local Charity Anna's Hope

Good Luck Rob for Sunday and all the others who are also running from Rutland




Rutland Radio Breakfast Presenter Rob Persani is running the London Marathon in aid of local Charity Anna's Hope

Running a marathon is something I always wanted to, but never thought I'd actually do.  I've been offered this place by Stamford charity Anna's Hope - but I do need to raise a minimum of £1500.  The good news is every single penny goes to help children with brain tumours and support their families, nothing on administration.  They've already funded a dedicated nurse, and she's been taken on by the NHS.  Their next target is to build a rehabilitation centre at Addenbrookes in Cambridge.  My Dad died due to complications following a brain tumour.  He was only 57.  I'd love him to see me do this, I'm sure he'll be helping me on the day, and if you can too, I'd really appreciate it.


Persani Marathon Fundraising Party

On Friday 22nd March, Rob held a fundraising evening at Barnsdale Lodge Hotel.  


Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.  Click here to go to my fundraising page



Anna's Hope

Anna's Hope assists in the rehabilitation of children and young people who have suffered from a brain tumour or who have had brain surgery . It also will fund research into the causes , treatment and cure of childhood brain tumours