Thursday, May 09, 2013

My Appeal is allowed and is set aside.

I received good news today.
The Appeal Judge has decided there was an error of law. Back in 2011 when I was disqualified from Oakham Town Council.
I am now free to stand again and will.
I telephoned democratic services at Rutland County Council to register an interest in the Ketton by election and ask for a nomination pack to be sent when they are available.
The member of staff said The Chief Executive would have to authorise that.
Why I asked?
She replied "I am out of my comfort zone"
The chief executive all powerful she is should not no the id of candidates before the closing time for nominations or if the candidates decide to go public before that time.
I wont say anything more about Briggs for fear of arrest.
Accept last week a complaint to her friends led to the formal questioning by three dectectives of a Rutland Anti Corruption Councillor. For criminal harassment.
Also last week a local blogger who is fed up with our council was arrested but the CPS decided not to prosecute. The posts included threats and very explicit remarks.
I am now working on returning to Oakham Town Council and look forward to serving Oakham residents again.