Monday, October 28, 2013

Cllr Charles Haworth, Homophobic Oakham Town Council, Conduct Committee, Rutland County Council

Five months ago I wrote to Rutland  County Council about the conduct
of Oakham Town Councillor Charles Haworth, not for the first time.

I am pleased to say this is the first time I have received a reply from
Rutland  County Council. I am pleased with their efficient 5 month
delayed response!

I am not very happy with their response.

I have spoken to a member of the conduct committee, I had provided
Rutland County Council with details of my complaint and evidence to
support my complaint that Cllr Haworth has breached many codes of
conduct.

Rutland County Council  29 October 2013
Time: 19:00

Conduct Committee will meet there is no agenda on-line?

I WONDER WHY? Cllr Haworth and his homophobic supporters at Oakham Town Council
have not RESIGNED?



Cllr Charles Haworth (Former Oakham Deputy Mayor)

Coun Haworth: Judge Temperley said the councillor had been “economical with the truth” which “undermined his credibility as a witness”.

Coun Haworth had attacked Mr Brookes on his website Laughing Stocks and had told the trial the comments were satirical and lampooning.

However, Judge Temperley said: “I don’t agree. Some of the material goes way beyond satire. They are crude and crass and homophobic.”

The judge said based on the evidence from police in both instances, Coun Haworth’s claims were “exaggerated”.
The judge concluded that while he could not be certain how many texts were sent to Coun Haworth, he was satisfied that Mr Brookes’ motivation was to expose Coun Haworth as the author of blogs which had “understandably caused him distress over a number of years”.



Gay blogger threatened and branded ‘pedophile’ for challenging politicians

Martin Brookes has won a court case accusing him of harassing local political leaders, but his nightmare isn’t over
- See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/gay-blogger-threatened-and-branded-%E2%80%98pedophile%E2%80%99-challenging-politicians201013#sthash.BELMFwRS.dpuf