Monday, February 03, 2014

Phil Kay, Assistant Chief Constable, Leicestershire Police, Oakham, Rutland




My Reply:

Dear Sir,

I have received a letter from you relating to unspecified public allegations of police and council corruption.

I find it strange you say you have no record of any formal complaints.

Personally I have made many complaints in the last four years and Leicestershire Police have failed to act on nearly all of them.

It's fact a detective from the Professional Standards complained in a statement
that I had made a least three in the same number of years, I suggest communication amongst the many high ranking officers within in your force
is very poor as I believe my formal complaints have now passed in double figures.

Referring to the growing public criticism of your force  I must point out I do not and can not speak for the Rutland County Councillors who have taken their protests to the streets of  Oakham. I merely photograph and report those events.



Although I will add now with so many people complaining about the police
relationship with our local councils can we all be wrong?

As for my complaints, I have approached the IPCC many times they are pointless, Inspector Monks spoke to them and said my complaints were just malicious? When I complain they often refer to comment and take no action.

I am currently taking the first steps towards legal action against the chief 
constable for defamation, In respect to Sgt Wharton's Twitter activity and his conduct in court when he falsely accused me of stalking and harassing him last year. In court he forgot the truth at times and stated twice, I was nuts repeating his twitter comment, not something you would expect from a officer in front of a district judge?

I wrote to the chief constable after the case about Sgt Wharton I 
hand delivered the letter via Oakham Police Station, once again this
important letter was lost.

The LPU commander wrote to me, advising me that I should not use Oakham Police Station for internal post used to communicate with officers outside of that station, what sort of message does that send out?

I reproduced a copy of that letter and many months on I am satisfied the letter has been passed by the chief constables office to the legal services department in Derby. As that matter is now subject to ongoing legal activity I should not discuss it further with you at this stage.

Moving back to my relationship with Oakham Police or lack of it?

Once I found out from court events Cllr Charles Haworth and Ex Mayors Paul Beech and Jim Harrison had be involved in attacking me in what appears to be a very organised homophobic hate campaign.
I approached Sgt Hodson at Oakham Police station to make a fresh complaint about their crimes. She rightly said I had to wait until the
end of the trial before she could investigate.

To this date no one at Oakham Police Station has been willing to take my
report concerning these three people.

Sgt Hodson told me that she was awaiting instruction from those above her. I have heard nothing from her since relating to this matter.

I then made a complaint to Leicestershire Professional Standards and received a response from them informing me a Inspector Smith would be investigating my complaints and reviewing past complaints. This was confirmed by Sgt Hodson who has in the past attempted the same task and she has told me  then she "hit a wall of silence" making it difficult for her to investigate. 

Apart from the initial letter from professional standards I have not received any contact from any investigating officer.

I wrote to the IPCC at the beginning of the year, I explained this to them and they responded by letting me know they had forwarded my letter to Leicestershire Police professional standards,? for over 3 years I have been
subjected to this merry go round? Is it because the IPCC is based in the same building as your headquarters? is our local IPCC made up of retired officers? Is this the reason for lack of interest as the BBC suggested last year? the IPCC is hardly independent?



You asked for evidence for claims of local corruption, you could start
by looking at Oakham Mayors Cllr Adam Lowe's file and my complaints 
against him whilst he was a serving special constable, look at what led to his resignation. After his resignation he was issued with a stage one harassment notice, I traced his continued illegal activity back to
his place of work, Travis Perkins. When he was appointed Mayor last year
he obtained a notice issued by DS McDonald that notice banned me from photographing him or commenting on-line about him. This notice was retracted after the CPS said it was unlawful.

Moving onto DS McDonald before my trial ended last year, he approached
my advocate David Swingler and said he was willing to look again at my
complaints against Haworth and Co. 

After the District Judge John Temperley found me not guilty and had described the activities of Cllr Haworth as Homophobic, Crude and Crass. DS McDonald approached me and said "it was nothing personal" and repeated to me what he had promised my advocate before the verdict.

Nothing absolutely nothing! has been done to deal with Cllr Haworth and Co. since the trial ended he perjured himself in court and laughs at me when he sees me.

Although now in an edited form his illegal on-line publications remain offending my friends and myself. Rutland County Council say its fine
because he commits these crimes in a private capacity and not in his capacity as a councillor? 

DS McDonald's empty promises did give me and others effected by these disgusting men's actions a glimmer of hope.

Also after the trial, I was barraged by a number of homophobic threatening calls from a person who now claims he was acting to impress a person who works for Rutland Cabs, a firm that employs ex Mayor Jim Harrison. The calls were of a very serious disturbing nature Leicestershire Police working at a snails pace now claim they have the callers number. Other
forces act pretty promptly in these types of cases but not Leicestershire Police? This well documented by the press.

The refusal to trace Twitter or Facebook accounts by Rutland and Leicestershire Police. Is a serious concern.

The blocking of investigations over the years by your own hate
crimes division suggests corruption, Initially I would receive a promising
response from a hate crimes officer and then nothing this has been repeated more than once. 

The delay in sending evidence to Cambridgeshire Police a few years ago
is a another example of Oakham police's incompetent conduct.

The disposal of evidence handed in at Oakham Police station when
Inspector Monks was in charge of the LPU all might lead people
to think there was corruption between our local police and councils.

On my blog is a recording of my first visit to Oakham police station
after Inspector Monks was moved to Loughborough. The desk clerk
is taking a letter addressed to Paedophile Brookes and when placing it in an evidence bag and he says "does n't it make a change that we no longer bin your'e evidence."

Oakham Police have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds of public
money attempting to shut me up, by that I mean supporting Rutland County Council and  Oakham Town Council in political matters with the
sole aim of closing down my blog and preventing me returning to the council

They charged me in 2012 with stalking and harassing various councillors
and an ex Mayor the allegations were hideous and the CPS agreed.
It is fact PC Joe Lloyd found and other officers at  Oakham Police station found one of Oakham Mayor Councillor Joyce Lucas complaints so funny he told me at the police station, I made a standards complaint because if an officer found it funny why was Leicestershire Police charging me. I withdrew the standards complaint after the CPS threw out the charge.
The charge related to me posting a photo of a cow and Cllr Lucas
and asking people to spot the difference. referring to Cllr Lucas's lack of manners.

I was also charged for taking a photo of another former Mayor dancing in a public place drunk with his wife. that was also dropped the former Mayor had previously attempted to use Standards for England suggesting I should have asked his permission before taking the photo. Oakham's political mob is a strange bunch. Its a great pity some of the local police humoured them.

In 2013 I was charged again and found not guilty on all charges.

Once again some councillors past and present, allegations were also so hideous they were once again thrown out by the CPS before trial.

 

I believe at court a special relationship between Rutland County Council's CEO Helen Briggs and Inspector Kam Mystry was established, she even mistakenly provided a document in her evidence bundle, a private letter between him and Nigel Chapman the head of the CPS for this region. 
That letter falsely claimed I had a friendship with another local blogger
who is also subjected to police action prompted by Rutland County Council.

The Judge said most of the evidence put before him by Mrs Briggs was irrelevant, Why did the officers involved in the case not check the content before the trial? They seemed hell bent on just getting me before a court and locked up. Even asking Cllr Councillor Haworth to access my
Facebook account to find evidence to show that I might be talking to
people about my trial on-line. I find it pathetic the police resorted to my
stalker to do this.

Inspector Mystry took it upon himself to attend the trial when he was on
duty when asked why? in the witness box he responded "because this is a big case" If I was a mind reader I would say the judge saw him as probably one of the worse police witnesses to enter the box, he halted the trial and when the trial resumed he was only asked one more question and sent away.

I would like to point out the following. A vital piece of information was revealed by a former member of staff from Melton
Borough Council, It related to evidence that would prove Cllr Charles
Haworth was linked to 50+ on-line accounts, she had seen that evidence that links the Councillor who for many years has attended JAG 
meetings at Oakham Police station. He uses those accounts to attack myself and other people who have crossed local governance paths.

I told two Oakham Police officers at the court about this evidence and one said "we don't get involved in this case," I often hear that said?

Over the last four years I given the police evidence that pointed to Cllr Charles Haworth and others connected to our local council's involvement in criminal conduct and this has been ignored and often binned and you question why there are public allegations of police corruption?

You may have noticed I  have been provided with various emails that show
Cllr Charles Haworth shared his fun of breaking the law with many people.
Including Paul Beech and Jim Harrison both ex Mayors, Can you explain to me why when Leicestershire Police arrested him in January 2013 and his computers were seized no evidence was found and why was he not charged? 

Why was I told by PC Sue Cockerill it was a CPS decision not to charge Cllr Haworth? Although she also informed me DS McDonald had added a letter to her file. I sensed a a slight annoyance from a Leicestershire Police Officer for the first time ever had put a lot of time and effort into this case. Although it was handed to her on a plate by Inspector Mystry and Sgt Shellard who just popped around to Haworth's house in the new year to arrest him because "he had started to take the mickey out of them" 

In court DS McDonald admitted under oath he had taken the decision not
to Charge Cllr Charles Haworth even though he had knowledge of a recorded admission and a statement signed by Cllr Charles Haworth
admitting various criminal activities,Why?

Cllr Haworth repeated those admissions when he provided the police with lies in another signed statement used against me.

Why does Cllr Charles Haworth still remain uncharged? is Leicestershire
Police too afraid of what he might reveal in the witness box? I think so.

From

Martin Brookes

Please note your letter and my response has been published
by advocate has also advised me that the BBC has also approached 
us with a view to making a documentary relating to this case.