Monday, May 12, 2014

Douglas Staples Former Chairman of Enborne Parish Council, near Newbury, Berkshire

Back in 2012 I re-published an article about A PARISH council chairman Douglas Staples.

Some time has passed and I missed the update it appears Mr Douglas Staples has been cleared of what he previously admitted.

I have published his latest email, if it is from him? The e-mail address is a forum admin address.

I looked into the claim and have found an updated Daily Mail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419193/Councillor-Douglas-Staples-wins-retrial-signing-predecessor-dating-sites.html

I do not see any reason why I should remove the orignal post as the reporter clearly reported
the facts at the time.

I compare this to the Rutland Times who published stories about myself and have not updated
the stories, like when I won my appeal against the disqualification.

The story and comments can be found on many other national sites.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9460969/Parish-council-leader-signed-rival-up-to-dating-website-in-Balkan-feud.html

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2013/former-parish-council-chairman-breaches-code-of-conduct

Saturday, August 11, 2012


I hope Rutland County Council and Oakham Town Council take note of the following case that
has been pointed out to me

Instead of Leicestershire Constabulary Supporting the Local Councillors past and present who have harassed me for asking questions.

Maybe Leicestershire Police might have got a better result if they had attempted to prosecute the real offenders in my case.

Reading news items like this it has become much clearer to me you have to have particular mental status to be a parish council and a tendency to bully like Douglas Staples and if your not strong and your parish council has the full support of the local police your in the shit like me...

Research on the net would suggest Douglas might be a Conservative

Take Note Conservative Cllr Plews, Cllr Lucas, Cllr Dewis, Cllr Haworth and your mob your times will come







NEWS
Restraining order for parish council chairman who harassed predecessor
Thursday, 09th Aug 2012

Reporter: Tanya Haji Thatcham Reporter

Email: tanya.haji@newburynews.co.uk
Contact: 01635 886641

A PARISH council chairman who subjected his predecessor to years of harassment,
even placing her details on several dating websites, has been placed under a court restraining
order.
Douglas Staples (pictured above), aged 62 of Vanners Lane, Enborne, pleaded guilty before
Reading Magistrates’ Court on Monday to harassing 65-year-old, Marilyn Ray (inserted picture)
of Enborne Street.
Mrs Ray resigned as chairman of Enborne Parish Council due to health reasons in 2006 but
decided to “keep her hand in” by attending all meetings as a villager.
Things turned sour when Mrs Ray started bombarding the council with more than 70 complaints
about Mr Staples behaviour and procedural council matters over a five-year period.
She then launched a series of complaints alleging that she had not received minutes for certain
meetings and had falsely been accused of interrupting proceedings.
She followed up the complaints with the Standards Board for England, which declined to investigate
any of them.
Mr Staples then embarked on a campaign of revenge, which included signing her up to several
dating websites including Match.com so that she too would be inundated with unwanted correspondence.
He registered her as Marshal Wellington, using the contact details which had been supplied to
the council, with Mrs Ray’s backing, requesting the minutes of two 2009 meetings.
Mr Staples, a former engineer and father of one, also admitted requesting a fire safety assessment f
rom Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) about Mrs Ray’s heritage-status cottage
and misrepresenting their response.
Both harassment incidents happened between October 26, 2010 and April 14, 2011.
Madelaine Power, prosecuting, read out a statement in court in which Mrs Ray said she felt “bullied”
by Mr Staples.
The victim statement read: “He made me feel hopeless and helpless. I live alone and feel very vulnerable.”
Fatima Kola, defending, said that the six person parish council initially got on well.
“Problems surfaced when Mrs Ray requested minutes from a Parish Council meeting over and over again,
” she said.
“This was followed by a large number of complaints to the council.”
These included 56 letters directly to the Enborne Parish Council and 17 other forms of correspondence,
including Freedom of Information requests.
Ms Kola added: “He was trying to give her what she wanted in terms of what she was asking for.
“He reached a point where he became frustrated and engaged in childish behaviour.”
Mr Staples joined the parish council in July 2005 but resigned during September last year to
fight this criminal case
As part of the restraining order, Mr Staples must not have any contact, either direct or indirect,
through electronic means or otherwise, with Mrs Ray, or communicate with her by a third party,
except via a solicitor.
He must not visit her at home or loiter outside her house, which was just a mile away from his own.
He must not request any information about her via a third party.
He was also ordered to pay a total of £735 costs.
After the court case, Mr Staples said: “I do feel like I’m the victim in this situation.
“I feel it was a very unfair and malicious prosecution. But I held my hands up for what I did.”
Mrs Ray added: “I would prefer never to have to deal with him again. I feel pretty drained.
“I was waiting to give evidence in court.
“Then he pleaded guilty, which he could have done in March.
“It has been absolutely dire.
“He has caused me so much distress. He has brought this on himself by the way he behaved.”



This week I have received emails from a person claiming to be Mr Douglas, he correctly points out I missed a development regarding his case.

Possibley because I don't often read the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419193/Councillor-Douglas-Staples-wins-retrial-signing-predecessor-dating-sites.html



DSS (meadoway@newbury.net)
Dear Mr Brookes

You should be aware that what you still have published about me on your web pages is wrong,
as in September 2013 Her Honour Judge Angela Morris (Reading Crown Court) quashed the
conviction and the retraining order imposed by the magistrates, I was also refunded the fine
and costs and the `judge ordered that I be refunded my costs out of public funds.

Since then you will be aware that there was no case to answer as the woman alleging
harassment etc Marilyn Ray was branded a liar by District Judge Andrew Vickers on 8th
April this year. Judge Vickers also awarded me my costs of defence.

I do not vote Conservative.

Please remove the offending web page immediately, I really do not want to have to enter
a fight with you on this, you have made your point, now withdraw the web page please.

Best regards

Doug Staples