Thursday, January 15, 2015

Oakham Mayor Mentions Councillors Resignation Unable To Mention Her Name, Bullying at Oakham Town Council, Video, Letter

Oakham Mayor Mentions Councillors Resignation Unable To Mention Her Name, Bullying at Oakham Town Council, Video, Letter



Cllr Leanne Martin was the Chair of the mentioned Planning Sub Committee.

Oakham Town Councils actions always confirm what is said, Oakham Mayor
Jayne Woodcock could not bring herself to mention Leanne Martins name
and unlike the waffle we had to endure when old guard member Maureen
Dodds resigned last December there was no thanks for Cllr Leane Martin's
work.

I am told Cllr Leanne Martin approached the Mayor Cllr Jayne Woodcock
just before Christmas for help, apparently she was being bullied by
Cllr Stan Stubbs and Cllr Alf Dewis no surprise those names are being
banded about in public once again, Cllr Stan Stubbs is revolting I am
told at a private meeting Leanne Martin challenged him by asking him
something along the lines of what planet he lives on. I don't think I
have to repeat to much of my opinion and experiences of the deputy
Mayor Cllr Alf Dewis just to say he is a Bully, Control Freak and rather
foolish. Another member of the public describes him on their blog as
a person attempting to be the Alpha Male. His grin could resemble
that of something seen hanging around in the jungle.

I am told Leanne Martin approached the Mayor Cllr Jayne Woodcock
a member of the old guard and asked for help the response was shocking
"put up with it or go"

This resulted in Leanne Martin being seen sat distressed in her car.

At that point Leanne Martin had tendered a verbal resignation.

Last week rumour was rife about what had happened. The council
hid the resignation because it had not received a letter from Leanne
Martin.

Last week I asked Councillor Alan Walters if Cllr Leanne Martin
had resigned he said he did not want to talk about it.

I ask Councillor Adam Lowe and he said he does not not respond
to rumours but if I was asking a direct question then she had.

At this point I published the resignation not knowing the council
had not received a formal letter.

When the assistant Clerk told me there was no letter I contacted
Leanne Martin who told me she was not returning to the council
as was unwell.

Cllr Leanne Martin delivered her letter at the council office on
Tuesday this week.

Copy below. content redacted as requested by an Oakham
Town Councillor.