Saturday, June 13, 2015

Rutland County Council put on a 'Family Fun Day' to mark the open of the new sports hub at the former Ashwell Prison. Video



Rutland County Council put on a 'Family Fun Day' to mark the
opening of the new sports hub at the former Ashwell Prison.

I walked up for the 11.00am opening it's some distance outside
of Oakham.

Upon arrival I did not find much fun due to the weather
or perhaps it was because it was a council event. Experience
tells me councils don't really know how to have fun.

The main fun was to be seen outside as the generator kept
cutting out, resulting in the inflatable gazebo collapsing
quite frequently.

In the main hall, what appeared to be a gymnastics class
was going on.  No photographs or video of that due to
councils rules "you can't take any photographs of young
children and especially not the girls in leotards"

Moving on to the dance studio.
One parent agreed to a short clip being included in the
above video showing the small dance studio. I said
I would blur the faces just in case the council was offended.

I then went to film the Judo club a group of men of mixed ages,
old and young rolling around on the floor.

The Vale Judo Club is part of a very successful national chain
which has benefited from thousands of pounds of
tax payers money over the years.

I spotted the new location for the gym which was based
in Princess Avenue Oakham. Not part of the hub
The Gym which benefited from a quarter of the town councils
income from tax payers, setting them going less than two years ago.
I don't blame the gym owners I blame the Mayor Cllr Alf Dewis
 and the town council at that time.
The gym now has super size premises rented from Rutland County
Council lets hope the don't leave with rent arrears as they have
done here in Oakham.
I understand the Town Council is bringing back the
rent situation to full council.
The Council had previously voted that they should not
be let off.
I shall be voting for county court action to recover the
tax payers money owing.