Monday, October 26, 2015

Letter to Oakham Mayor Regarding Homophobic Racist Deputy Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe

Letter to Oakham Mayor Regarding Homophobic Racist Deputy Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe

Dear Cllr Alf Dewis, Mayor of Oakham Town Council

Cllr Lowe has lost his job at Travis Perkins after a former work colleague sent me emails
containing allegations and saying Cllr Lowe was racist, bullying, homophobic, and dishonest.

When I published the sender's allegations and passed them onto Travis Perkins head of
security. Cllr Lowe abused the conduct system by stating, I was in breach of the code of
conduct when I published the content of the emails.

In the past I have made complaints about Cllr Lowes homophobic conduct towards me and this
has been ignored by Rutland County Council.

So far this year I have highlighted Cllr Lowes conduct in and around meetings, Joking about
single mothers, Muslims and Gays, it is unacceptable for a deputy Mayor to behave like this.

We won't know which of the allegations were upheld and led to the lose of Cllr Lowes
Job because of his right to employment privacy. The same privacy he relies on
when people ask the question about why he left Leicestershire Police.

I hope Cllr Lowe will be considering his position as your deputy.

An anonymous text message suggests another Councillor took part in the pre-meeting
racism and homophobia 'fun' I can assure all it was only Cllr Lowe and Haley who
took part.

From

Martin Brookes


After a discussion with Cllr Howard and Haley this evening I would like to 
correct the above post, In the post I state Cllr Haley took a part in  Cllr Lowes inappropriate jokes this is a mistake, in an attempt to make it very clear that Cllr Howard
was not involved I failed to point out Cllr Haley was not cracking jokes and just happened
to seated in an unfortunate position whilst Cllr Lowe was cracking his inappropriate
jokes. I do believe in a previous post I had made this much more clearer. I am sorry
if I have caused Cllr Haley any distress.