Thursday, November 05, 2015

Catmose College Annual Presentation of Awards Academic Year 2014 - 2015

Catmose College Annual Presentation of Awards Academic Year 2014  -  2015





















This evening I attended the leavers presentations at Catmose College. It was
good to see so many excellent achieving students. Each year the standard
increases.

It is surprising so much good comes out of the great architectural monster.
That's the building which is home for Catmose College.






 





















Mr Marsh returned to the school to give out the prizes and
told us a interesting history story.
















I found I was not sitting amongst my fellow Councillors,
I had been seated next to the principal of Harington School
probably to ensure I behaved :-) It was a pleasure to
meet the principal of the new free school.  Despite my
clumsy introduction, Oh what an unfortunate place to put me,
Hi I Martin the local blogger who has been slightly critical of your
new school.


I was particularly pleased to see the pupil who received
the Town Council prize was from a nice family who follow
my on-line activities. Although I did not know Oakham Town
Council was presenting an award. I often say I am only
a town councillor why would I know what is going on....


Below is me looking a very serious town councillor, wearing
a stupidly large poppy, thanks to ex Mayor Mr Paul Beech, after his
recent conduct conduct complaint I learnt it is very important
that every Town Councillor even if you are unemployed, must be
seen to be giving to charity, it is not something I agree with.
It is my opinion charitable giving should be a private personal
choice. I hope Mr Beech notices my giving this year, next year
I will return to the normal size poppy.