Saturday, April 16, 2016

Oakham Mayor Cllr Adam Lowes Moving On Email

After a ex Oakham Town Councillor shared emails received from our Mayor Cllr
Adam Lowe in which he describes me as nuts, a thief and freak.

I chatted with him and he told me the ex Councillors John Kennedy and Paul Beech
were responsible for all the issues, it was their game and he no longer wanted any
part of it once I had received a death threat.

If it is a game then it is a game of very poor taste.

No ex Cllr, forced the Mayor to write his disgusting emails. If they are small minded
as he describes them in the email below, how could they?

Take responsibility for you own disgusting conduct Cllr Lowe and step down as
our Mayor ASAP

After I made members aware of Adam's conduct a few of the old guard as expected
rallied to support him.

The Mayors comments about the ex Cllrs as outside sources confirms what I
have said for a long time the old guard is still trying to control Oakham Town
Council and it needs to stop.


The Mayor has since sent the following email to all Councillors. titled moving on

Dear ALL

On the back of an e-mail from a couple of Councillors asking me to give guidance on some points.

There have been concerns raised over the amount e-mails/communications bouncing around which are unrelated to Council business in hand and contain content that challenge the Nolan Principles and the Good Councillor Guide.

In the last 24 hours I have demonstrated to Martin that all that was history, was just that and I am moving forward, earlier on this month I challenged an ex Councillor and asked them not to send me communications , one e-maIl I actually forwarded to Leics Police.

Now Martin accepted with this that I was prepared to move forward and change, honestly I feel that I do not need to change as I have not sent him or published publicly any false information about him, indeed this is not the case when you look at the reverse.

What I am doing is being more accepting of Martin, who I do not like because of his attacks on me and others for over five years, I am still trying to understand this. I do admire Martins enthusiasm and he does contribute some good stuff, but he has chosen not to believe that the last 24 hrs was yet another attempt for me and perhaps others to move forward together. Well that is his problem now not mine.

######################################

######################################

Since Alf left I have been very honest and upfront with several Councillors who have come to me about the whole situation. 

To me the true start point is the May meeting, I tried to build bridges with Martin but this is pointless, his blog says it all, I believe Martin will never be accepting of me and others, we have to compromise. 

It is the outside factors and all the sneaky conversations that are going off that are at the hear of this, how many people are there that are afraid to challenge Martins outbursts, blogging and disregard for the NOLAN principles and standing orders but do not because they are afraid of being blogged, you are the bullied ones like me and so many other victims of his blog. 

The outside factors are intimidating and driving the mood as well, what have they got to lose after all they are not in public office. How small minded are these ex-councillors.

#####################################

I am telling you all now that, that alone if true challenges true democracy it also demonstrates that Martin who claims to whiter than white and the victim is acting and doing exactly the same as everyone else.

In the last 12 hours the outside factor has sent an e-mail I sent in December 2015, based on that Martin chooses to ignore my gesture and approach of April 2016 and instead ask me to resign again.

The question is did I send the e-mail, (of course he sent it and the others) and is the content true, well Martin says it is all true so it must be,

######################################

I will make this very simple, we work together as a Council, that means :

ALL Councillors work on at least one Committee or Working group from May, anything less is exclusion.

ALL Councillors exercise restraint during meeting and allow all other councillors to make their deputation without interruption, it is the Chairmans role to keep the debate on track and moving.

ALL Councillors draw a line in the sand from now be confident that they are here to contribute to the Council in a positive way or why be there.

ALL Councillor send ONLY current relevant Council business in e-mails, anything else should be between individuals or if there is a question of unlawful external activity go to the Police.

The Council voted me into the Chair, it is only three weeks or so till the AGM, you have the opportunity to have a new Chairman and new Deputy.
 
Regards 

Adam Lowe