Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Leaving the Liberal Democrats

Leaving the Liberal Democrats

This weekend I decided to leave the Liberal Democrats.

The Rutland Branch who ever they are? don't seem to do much if anything.
That does not include the only Rutland County Councillor Gale Waller
who does a grand job all on her own.

Last year they stood candidates in Melton for the first time for a long time and
most of the candidates did not canvass and did not even want to become Councillors.

Over the years I have volunteered and helped candidates who have told me they
don't really want to be Councillors.

I offered to stand in the OSE by election and the Chairman of the Rutland Branch
said the executive were having difficulty considering me due to me complaining
in a email about an executive member who had been very rude to me.
The same woman who stood last year and only gained a few votes.
The same woman who tweets that she is being treated in hospital for stress.
Which explain her rude manner.






I don't want to fall out with the Lib Dems so I thought it would be best to leave.