Thursday, December 15, 2022

Oakham Town Council is missing cash theft? Chairman and Councillor refuse to answer questions

Dear Oakham Town Council,

I have received a email containing serious allegation. The sender wishes to remain anonymous fearing their job. This is the same person who sent me Zoe's email very soon after it was sent out, So I can only assume the person has a close connection to the council. 

concerned rutland <OTCABCWB@proton.me>

I will lose my job if I am not anonymous.

Do not feel bad for ##########.

He steals.


He stole money from the petty cash.

The county councillors on Oakham Town Council are protecting him because they hate Adam and Sally-anne.


As you can see a person is telling me ######## stole from petty cash. 

After receiving this email and reading the external audit report, finding the council accepted inaccurate figures on the annual return and staff failed to answer external auditors' questions, I now have a much greater concern for the public money Oakham Town Council holds.

I sent a message to Cllr Leah Toseland, one of the RCC members, thinking I would receive a sensible reply. She replied you must know I won't answer any of those questions or points.

Why? has she not answered with a simple no it's not true and that would be the end of the matter

I then asked the Chairman of the council, she responded, No comment, I can't say anything about it I could get myself in to a lot of trouble.

I have told Cllr Leah Toseland, I will come to the next full council meeting and ask questions at public deputations and she replied. I will see you at the next meeting.

At the next meeting I will ask the following questions:

Is there any cash missing, petty cash or any other money? 

Why are the monthly statements of accounts, not published with the agendas for the public to see?

Why are the councils bank statements no longer published with the agendas for the public to see?

Why are the schedule of payments no longer published with Agendas or online for the public to see?

It would be good to receive answers to all my questions before the next meeting.

From

Martin Brookes