Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Martin Brookes, Independent Candidate, Rutland County Council, Election 4th May 2023

Martin Brookes, Independent Candidate, Rutland County Council, Election 4th May 2023


I am standing as an Independent candidate for Oakham South Ward in the Rutland County Council election on May 4th 2023.

I am a local resident and have lived in Oakham for over 15 years. I have a strong interest in local issues.

I believe that local people should have a say in how their community is run, and I am committed to working hard to represent your interests on the Council.

I am standing as an Independent because I believe that local people should have a say in how their community is run. I will be a strong voice for Oakham South Ward on the Council.

If elected, I will work to improve the following:

Roads and pavements: I will lobby for more investment in roads and pavements in Oakham South Ward. I will also work to ensure that potholes are repaired promptly.

Parks and open spaces: I will work to improve the upkeep of parks and open spaces in Oakham South Ward. 

Neighbourhood planning: I will work to ensure that residents have a say in how their neighbourhoods are developed. I will also work to ensure that new developments are in keeping with the character of Oakham South Ward.

Protect the environment: I will work to protect our environment and promote sustainable development.

Community safety: I will work to make Oakham South Ward a safe place to live. I will work with the police and other agencies to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour.

Local services: I will work to ensure that local services, such as libraries, schools and hospitals, are properly funded. I will also work to ensure that these services are accessible to all residents of Oakham South Ward.

Promote community cohesion: I will work to build a strong and cohesive community where everyone feels valued and included.

I believe that I have the skills and experience to be a good Councillor. I am a hard worker and I am good at listening to people and understanding their concerns. I am also good at working with others to find solutions to problems.

I would be honoured to have your vote on May 4th. Please vote for me, the Independent candidate for Oakham South Ward.

Thank you.

Martin Brookes


Candidate: Martin Brookes (Independent)

4th April 2023

Publisher: Martin Brookes 13 Willow Crescent Oakham Rutland LE15 6EQ