Friday, April 21, 2023

Martin Brookes Oakham South Independent Candidate for Rutland County Council Local Elections 2023, Rutland and Stamford Mercury 200 words max.

Martin Brookes Oakham South Independent Candidate for Rutland County Council Local Elections 2023


The Rutland And Stamford Mercury asked me to write something for the paper. A maximum of 200 words, this is what I have sent them.

Martin John Brookes, the independent candidate for Oakham South.
 
I've lived in Oakham for 18 years. I'm passionate about making our community a better place to live, work.

If elected, I will:

Listen to all residents and hold regular meetings to hear your concerns and ideas.
I will be a strong advocate for our community at the council table.
Seek to reduce council tax bills. Work to find ways to save money without cutting essential services.
Seek value for money, I will hold the council accountable for its spending and make sure that your tax pounds are being used wisely.
Fight for our green spaces. I will work to protect our beautiful countryside and ensure that future generations can enjoy it.
Protect our elderly and vulnerable. I will work to ensure that everyone in our community has access to the care and support they need.

I believe that our community is stronger when we work together. I'm asking for your vote on May 4th so that I can represent you at the council table and make a difference for Oakham South.

Thank you.

Martin John Brookes