Sunday, December 04, 2011

Melton Mowbray Victorian Christmas Market Photograph Set One. Rotary, Town Partnership, Melton Estate

Melton Mowbray Christmas Market Photograph Set One.

This years Christmas market was as busy as ever and the rain stayed away, which I am sure kept the smiles on trader and visitors faces.

I spotted many visitors from my home town Oakham, a few making comments like 'it would be nice if Mill Street was like this.

Melton is often trashed by a few in Rultand. but deep down I am sure they are really quite jealous, whether its events like today's or the famous cattle market, all of which are a great success. The politics might be the same Tory crap, but at least they can all get together and organise something the people enjoy and at affordable prices. None of that overpriced continental tat.









 I sampled some very tender gammon from this trader
Manor Farm, Melton Mowbray and I forgot to 
take a photograph of the farmer!

 Hedgerow spirits the home of Melton Mowbray Sloe Gin
the samples on offer seemed to be going down a treat




There was plenty of hot food on offer


The above offers below.




Tom The Tale Teller



The children and grown ups loved this ride 
the snow machine created real snow 
it was just cold enough for it to start to settle 
on parts of the ride.






Click Here later for a post giving information 
about Melton Mowbray Santa Fun Run or Walk
Supported by Melton Times and Rotary International

 
John Finney Organ Grinder


All Melton's Street were crowded


Leicestershire and Trumpton Fire and Rescue Service.


I have never tried a battered 
Mars Bar!


The Spinning Wheel



on close inspection these sheep were found to be real
I think they are rare breeds and clearly they
like to dress up for Christmas
personally I like my lamb dressed in mint sauce...


Details of lady above below
Leicestershire  High School Teacher