Friday, May 07, 2010

Oakham Town Cllrs AGM Report 2010

Councillors Report for the AGM 12th February 2010


One year ago Oakham Town Council was considering appointing Cllr Mr J Fillingham as our Town Chairman and Mayor.

I wrote to Oakham Town Council twice to express my concerns.

A member of the public was receiving unwanted late night drunken phone calls from Mrs Fillingham. The member the public is a OAP and for her safety she did not want to unplug her phone. So I purchased her a caller display unit. This lady no longer speaks to me because our Mayor visited her and told her to shut up.

The Town Clerk binned my letters, So I published this information online, once the council elected her as chairman and mayor.

Then the council contacted me and agreed to a special meeting to address my concerns, but did not invite me.

The council decided the mayor had no case to answer.

I then saw the Mayor gave an interview to the Rutland Times stating the Public must not drink in the parks and streets.

I then photographed the mayor and other councillors drinking in the park wine and cans of beer.

This is when the bully and harassment started.

I often reported matters to the local police they took no action.

The local Police sided with the Mayor because she reported me saying I was a bully.

I was asked to leave many local events by the police often quoting breach of the peace.

I was frog marched out of the county show just for being there!

I approached our Mayor in a public house to talk about a councillor who had provided offensive images of me to a local chat forum. The mayor told me I deserved all I got.

Some time later a man claiming to be her friend assaulted me in the High Street. I assume because Mr Baker a former Catmose College teacher who is fondly remembered by former pupils on and face book group as a bully and also a friend of the Mayor, was given the privilege of being interviewed in the comfort of his own home. Then no action was taken.

The investigating officer PC Roberts would not let me mention the word homophobic in my statement because it takes things to another level. I complained to Leicestershire police and they have ignored my complaint.

Leicestershire police have never dealt with any of my complaints correctly.
They have covered up for their friends.

I was subject to hate by users of the Rutland Chat Forum. I traced one of the members Mr Beech a former Mayor and Councillor when I published his name and IP address he went to the police and asked them to arrest me. He was directed to The Data Protection Commission. Who have told me I have not committed a offence.

A Community Street Warden from Melton Doris Cook was also involved and her employer Melton Borough Council have failed to comply with their customer charter.

I took many letters and photographs I have received over the year to Leicestershire police and they have not acted.

Two of the images received were shown to inspector Monks and PC Hibbert and no action was taken.

But when I showed these same images to the public to show the extent of the bullying I am subjected to the images are suddenly deemed offensive and I am arrested and put in a cell.

I am pleased the good decent people of Oakham have sent me kind messages of support and one even gave me a photograph of our Mayor drunk being supported as she left a Curry Dinner with a group of Conservative Ladies in Oakham on the Evening of the 25th November 2009. to preserve the mayors dignity I have chosen not to publish this photo at this stage.

The Clerk has accused me of bullying him this is not true. He has been bullied by the likes of Mr Beech and subjected me to bullying.

I have been subjected to Homophobia and Bullying and intimidation by some councillors and some former councillors since I was elected just over two months ago

From



Cllr Martin Brookes