Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cllr Joyce lucas Oakham Town Council

This morning I visited Oakham Town Council Office, I was told Cllr Joyce Lucas was not resigning.

I requested a meeting with her and the chairman. this was refused.

I spoke over the phone to  Councillor Spencer and she said there was nothing she could do, but she would call and speak to the deputy chairman.

I was told if I did not leave the council office the police would be called.

Before I left I telephoned Cllr Lucas who repeated I will not resign and put the phone down on me.

Whilst sitting in the gallery my fellow Cllr Charles Haworth visited the office for a meeting with the Clerk, he had recovered since his illness last night. I said I was pleased to see he had recovered an he ignored me.

Oakham Town Council is certainly a bunch that sticks together. They need to go!