Thursday, June 24, 2010

Helen Pender V Cllr Joyce lucas

Helen Penders Statement for Oakham Town Council
Unfortunately my evidence is second hand and therefore inadmissable. However ******** told me last night that Cllr Mrs Joyce Lucas has to her - at Royce's Opening Day - that you were a paedophile. You had already told me that ********* had told you that Joyce Lucas had run you down to *********, but not what had been said. I then understood from ******** that she hadn't told you precisely how Joyce Lucas had run you down.

*********** - being a good friend - said she felt she did not want you to know what Cllr Joyce Lucas had actually said, presumably because it was too hurtful. She told me in confidence and asked me not to make an issue of it. I am afraid that I felt it far too dangerous and far too important to keep that confidence entirely. Whilst I didn't mention who had told me and said during the Council meeting that I had been told in confidence I realised that Cllr Joyce Lucas had guessed who told me, precisely because she must have remembered ********* telling her off for spreading malicious and untrue rumours about you time.

Cllr Joyce Lucas then told you that 'the three of them are trouble makers,' I presume she was pointing at the back row where the seats for the public are. I also presume that this was a tacit and perhaps inadvertent admission of guilt on her part. had no real evidence that what ********* had told me was true, but for Cllr Lucas to include ********* in her invective was an admission that she knew what she had said to *********. So far as I was cod this was proof positive that ********** was indeed telling the truth.

Whilst I understand ********* thinking I could not concur with her and felt that no only should you be told, so should the Council. Frankly the seriousness of this allegation is so severe that the only way to fight it was openly - so that the whole Council knew what Joyce Lucas was saying about you. How many other people she had told is a matter of conjecture, but to have told someone she didn't know - who just happened to be a friend of yours - is indicative that many more he been given this malicious and criminally slanderous information.

The ramifications for you personally could be really serious. People someties take it into their heads to fire bomb the homes of paedophiles, so in my view your life had become endangered by this false allegation and it needed to stop immediately and a full retraction and disciplinary procedures taken in order to make public her deliberate and destructive rumour mongering was scotched at source.

I would be happy to write to someone should you wish me to, but as I said the only part of the picture I can testify to is Joyce's final finger pointing at ********* when I had not mentioned *********as being my source.



Helen



My own