Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oakham Festival

Oakham Town Council Elected me as the councils appointed representative for the Oakham Festival. The festival Chairman Joy Everitt a good friend of councillors and Mr George Carey. has wrote to her good friend the Town Clerk an undated letter addressing it to Richard not the council. Since reading the letter I wrote the following to members



Dear members,


I have a copy of the letter, undated!

At first I read the letter and thought Mr Joy Everitt had said I had sent her emails with comments and disparaging remarks about councillors.

She states she has seen them.

Will this Councillor or Councillors do the same for the carnival committee?

I question why members elected me and then go onto show her my e-mails? Nasty trick!

It is pity Joy does not look at both sides.

After the disgusting behaviour of a arts for rutland committee member yesterday, I spoke with Cllr Peter Jones also a member.

He attempted to distance the festival from his committee?

The arts for rutland site shows it is supported by the festival and Joy Everitt is a member. Her actions clearly show to me she supports the actions of Mr Carey and his supporters.

Speaking with the clerk he is considering asking the council to revoke the six month rule from standing orders so members can revisit this item and appoint a new member.

I can not see how the council can do this as I was elected and certainly wont resign from this appointment.