Thursday, September 09, 2010

Oakham Town Council Meeting 8th September 2010

Oakham Town Council met:

Two Councillors were absent, Cllr Swiifin says he is ill again, surely after nearly a year he should step down and let someone who wants to do the job fill his seat.

The other is Cllr Jan Fillingham, who did not have the courtesy to send her apologies, I will only say! surely she could set up an automated e-mail.

The meeting continued fairly well, I was slightly irritated by the apparent loss of hearing or low IQ of one members during the discussion of the council insurance renewal. I was sitting at the back of the meeting with my stalker sat beside me, without the document and could clearly understand the Clerks explanation, The Clerk was complimented by Cllr Tor Clerk for the summary he had provided members.

Cllr Sharon Spencer complimented RATS upstairs for the musical accompaniment, you really have to sit in the meeting to hear the distraction this activity causes, it gets better as time passes and they start jumping up and down.

Cllr Alf Dewis and Cllr Joyce lucas reported on a meeting they had attended with RCC regarding the signage in Oakham, One thing I learnt and had noticed! is one of the rotting welcoming signs is on the wrong side of the road. At the time it was put in place, I was criticised for pointing out the events notices could not be read by drivers because or passengers. The sign is on the wrong side of the road, Barley Thorpe Parish Council refused permission to site the sign on its land on the left, I don't  really blame them, I still think they are horrible signs and a waste of money. It now appears the sign is now a hazard to drivers, I am assuming this means it will be removed at some point, waste of money!
Cllr Lucas also pointed out there were no signs telling people they were in the High Street, when they were in the High Street. Other issues may be rectified, visitor are still not finding the toilets and this appears to be an inconvenience to  those who have to give directions. I hope we don't get more signs it is about the only thing I agree with Roger Begy there are too many signs already.

Talking about toilets, in secret the Council discussed awarding the new cleaning contract.

After that matter was dealt with I returned to the meeting to escape my stalker. Who says I am childish for not wanting to speak to her! I only wish Helen Penders contact within the secret service at Cambridge University would tell her to leave me alone! Just like he told her not to use  e-mail, according to her last letter she sent me!

The last item on the agenda related to Christmas and a date was set for the Town Christmas Carol Service.









Enhanced by Zemanta