Thursday, October 07, 2010

Exton Parish Council Visit

Today has been a very tiresome day it all started after Helen Pender turned up on my doorstep uninvited and demand I had a coffee with her. I did not answer the door and she return shouting I was a idiot and she was going to tell standards for England I was a idiot. The police tell me she is not harassing me. I think the last message received around 4pm said I was insane and could I not see what they were trying to do to me.

I contacted a friend and we took a drive to Rutland Water.

After this I decided it would be nice to visit Exton, I am pleased I did because for the first time ever I saw bats, it was amazing to see three flying about in the street catching flies.


I then went to the Parish Council meeting. most of the Councillors were very jolly and happy.
There seemed to be quite a few of them. Strangely the Clerks husband sat at the table and a ex clerk neither a Councillor.

The meeting started at 7 pm. The Clerk reported she had made numerous attempts to get BT to get rid of the phone box in the village and felt it might be easier to pay some one fifty quid to remove it one night.

It was also reported the School sign had vanished and a manhole cover.

It looks like the village is set to get a new bus shelter.

The council seems to have a very open policy every piece of correspondence is shared with all member and I mean everything. When I was a Oakham Town Councillor I was not aloud to see any letter from anyone in my ward.

A councillor  reported about the recent parish forum at RCC. I think the most shocking revelation was at this meeting Geof Pook from Rutland County told all Councillors they should not blog! The Exton Councillor said whatever that is!


I wonder what right Rutland County Council has to stop freedom of speech?

The Councillor then reported there was a very boring presentation about LDF.

It became very clear during the meeting there was total a lack of respect towards Cllr Colin Hagger from the Clerk, He questioned very politely why something had not been displayed on the notice board and the Clerk repeatedly said  I could not careless!

The council moved onto giving grants. they did not seem to correctly vote and a church warden and another did not declare an interest as £600 was donated to the parish church. It was pointed out the neighbourhood watch had not applied for its £50 grant  and the chairman said it would be improper for them to hand over £50 of tax payers money without knowing how the money was going to be spent. Crime Stoppers had applied for a grant one Cllr made a proposal that £50 should be sent this was ignored and the chairman said £20 as token would be sent if all agreed.

I did not think there could be a council worse than Oakham but I think I found it. Nice people but no idea how to conduct a basic meeting. I read so often of Clerks like  Oakham's and Exton its like the power has gone to their heads and they are paid and answerable to no one.

At the end of the meeting the clerk could be heard once again telling Cllr Hagger she could not careless and would be displaying the notice in a weeks time. It is my view  she was bullying him I did not expect to find this at a parish council meeting.




Enhanced by Zemanta