Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blockbuster Oakham & Oakham Town Council


 
 
The post is posted in response to this comment:
 
Anonymous said...
Blockbusters is a franchise, you illiterate retard.

Your insults are tiresome, I answer for the benefit of the other readers its clear nothing can be absorbed by your brain cells.
Blockbuster is not a franchise of Blockbuster.
It is a subsidiary of Blockbuster incorporated an American company.
This outlet unlike many other traders complies with the Business Names Act 1985
And clearly shows its owners details.


This Store is owned by Blockbuster Entertainment Ltd.
Harefield Place
The Drive
Uxbridge
Middlesex
UB10 8AQ

When I was a Town Councillor I made contact with Blockbuster at this address along with Rutland County Council concerning the large volume of rubbish that used to obstruct Church Street footpath.
Even if the outlet was a franchise Blockbusters would expect the same high standards, this is the case for many franchise opportunities like Costa and of course McDonalds Its hard to tell the difference all though it is possible.
I spoke to Block Buster regarding the condition of this prime location and the condition of the store.
The said the window has been broken so many time including the window in the front door they can no longer afford to replace.
I am assuming the insurance company has withdrawn cover retailers often come across this problem.
The Antique shop along Melton Road has now painted it board. So we can only blame the fun local drinker have on their nights out.
Block Buster then explained the parent company in America is heavily in debt and profit from the UK outlets are sent to America to service this debt.
I hope this clarifies the position and I am most certainly not a retard!


All I was doing is reporting on Town Council meeting, it is good to see Cllr Dewis and Cllr Haworth taking an interest about matters outside their wards.

It reminded me of the time I met for a ward walk and pointed out to Cllr Lucas the block of flats near the taxi rank that suffer anti social behaviour and her response was its not in my ward, I don't care.

I am learning she has a very selfish attitude and this was clear at the last council meeting when she reports as tree warden she has hardly any knowledge of other parts of Oakham but seems to know all her trees by name!