Monday, January 24, 2011

Dave Brown, Head of Highways, Rutland County. Council, lack of people skills?

Dave Brown, Head of Highways, Rutland County. Council, does this man suffer from what a Rutland County Councillor described to me. "A few of our officers lack people skills"

I met a member of the public, who had just had a meeting with Mr Brown. Either he is a bully or a maverick or lacks people skills. I am not sure which.

The member of the public is female, why is she seen by a male on her own?
She left the Council building in tears, this is not acceptable.

I understand, he said take take us court in an aggressive manner amongst other things.

I question why the paid officers at Rutland County Council often adopt this manner? I think back to last year waiting in the reception and staff walking through from planning saying, I just told him get lost and take us to court. No wonder planning is the highest failing department at Rutland County Council and it now seems Highways could be going the same way.

Its a disgrace these people pay your wage and should not be treated with such contempt.

It took an hour for this lady to compose herself over coffee at Costa. Rutland County Council should be ashamed of itself.