Monday, January 31, 2011

Internet censorship in the People's Republic of Rutland, Rutland County Council


Internet censorship in the People's Republic of Rutland  There are no specific laws or regulations which the censorship follows. Censorship is vigorously implemented by Rutland County Council.

Rutland County Council has chosen to block access to my blog at blogspot.com. I did not object to Rutland County Council blocking staff access. I do object to them blocking access on via the public computers at the County Library.

I consider this infringement of freedom of expression, infringement on free speech.


I visited Rutland County Council for an explanation and a helpful receptionist telephoned a person and explained.


A lady came out and told me what I knew! Yes Mr Brookes the Council has blocked your blog.


I ask why? I was told to write to Helen Briggs.


I said I had. She told me she was the officer responsible for council business, I asked for a brief description of that role she replied Council Business and turn her back and walk away. How rude!

I tracked her down and this is her office she is under the clock.


Update: 

From: HBriggs@rutland.gcsx.gov.uk
To: martinjbrookes@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:13:45 +0000
Subject: RE:


Dear Mr Brookes

Thank you for your email which I am acknowledging as a complaint. A substantive reply will be provided within 10 working days.