Friday, February 18, 2011

Abi Moore performs at Red Lion at Market Rasen free entry

Hello Martin

Thought I'd send a quick email before I get ready for tonight's show
Red Lion at Market Rasen, 9pm-
Free entry if you fancy it! I'm hoping I may be joined by a special guest musician too!

It's mid- February already and I haven't sent any news or uploaded any new videos- apologies!
What I have been doing is coming up with a new show that I'm very excited about.
I've been scouring the land (well, Lincolnshire & Rutland) for the loveliest village halls in which to put them!

The new show is called Songwriters of the 70's and I'll be celebrating the best songwriters
of that era- Joni Mitchell, Carole King, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, John Denver, Bob Dylan,
Simon & Garfunkel et al. All these artists influenced my style and I thought it might be time
to pay homage to them all in a special show.

The first of these will be on:

Saturday, April 2nd- 7.30pm: Barkston & Syston Village Hall
Main Road, Barkston, Nr Grantham, Lincs, NG32 2NH
Tickets are £6 from Honest Records on 01476 560041, from the venue on 01400 250518 or online at: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/108091

It does seem a long way off but tickets are already selling without me having promoted it properly yet, so I thought I'd better let you know now! Each one will be a seated, ticketed, theatre- style show with candle- lit tables, and I may try and get creative and do some baking to treat you all in the interval too! There's a bar for non- alcoholic refreshments, but feel free to bring your own bottle.  This will be followed by shows in Wing and Swayfield in May- see www.abimoore.com for more details.

So that's it for now! If you're in Lincolnshire and can't make it to tonight's show (sounding like it's going to be fairly packed out already) then I'll be playing at Smiths of Bourne on Sat 26th Feb. I'm heading over to York on Mon 14th March to play at the very beautiful Basement Bar at the City Screen Cinema. See the website for more info!

Health and happiness,

Abi x

www.abimoore.com
www.honestrecords.com