Friday, February 18, 2011

Councillor Nick Wainwright Confirms Rutland County Council's E-mail is not secure!

Councillor Nick Wainwright Confirms Rutland County Council's E-mail is not secure!

 
"I now never use the Council email facilities.  The system is far from secure and is open to abuse. "


Dear Martin,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and I thank you for your honesty.

I am quite happy for you to post pictures of me if I have parked illegally, after all I was clearly in the wrong and should be taught a lesson.

With regard to emails sent to either yourself or Town Councillors sign ‘Nick’, I can confirm that I have never entered into any dialogue with Town Councillors and I never sign-off emails as ‘Nick’.  You are probably correct in you assumption that this is foul play by others.  It is for this reason that I now never use the Council email facilities.  The system is far from secure and is open to abuse.

The irony of your comment about Facebook is that the only reason I registered was to find out if my daughter had an account.  I am totally against Facebook and any form of social networking on the internet.  I think it is very dangerous and have actively tried to get the website banned at my daughters school.

Finally, concerning my email comment you recall from last year, I think you may have taken it the wrong way.  I did not want to get drawn in to any fall outs you may have had with other members of the Council. I don’t harbour any bad feeling towards you and would like to keep it that way.


Kind regards
Nick Wainwright
capitolcity

M:+44 773 807 8608
T: +44 157 275 5313


P Please don't print this email unless you really need to.