Thursday, February 03, 2011

Oakham Town Councillor Cllr Mrs Maureen Dodds Drink Driver?

Oakham Town Councillor Cllr Mrs Maureen Dodds Drink Driver? Why?

I have been saving this story, I thought it was better to publish it nearer the to the time of the Local Government Elections.

Last year Cllr Mrs Joyce Lucas made a very serious allegation, she told me and a member of the public, a female town Councillor could not wait for meetings to end so she could jump in her car to drive around the corner a down a few drinks at the Wheatsheaf Pub and drive home.

At the time I was very angry, Cllr Lucas would not name the Councillor. I raised this at Councillors questions and she refused to answer. At the time there were only two other female Councillors attending and Cllr Spencer was very annoyed and suggested I was accusing her. 

For some time now I have attended the meeting as a member of the public and observed Cllr Dodds car outside the Wheatsheaf after meetings. Last night I observed Cllr Dodds drinking what was described by a member of public as shorts. We did not hang around long because these Councillor when doing things wrong have a habit of calling the local police and falsely accusing me of stalking them in a public place.

Drink driving is something  a Councillor in Rutland should be ashamed of but my experience tells me Drink Drivers are acceptable amongst members of Rutland's elite and their friends will go as far as bullying and threatening you if you point this out.

It is not acceptable and if you know anyone who is effected by drink drivers you will agree.
 
Cllr Dodds is a blue badge holder so she is allowed to park outside the front door of the pub on double yellow lines as often as she like and this prevents the public seeing her stagger to her car.
Unlike a former colleague of hers a the Town Council who does not have a blue badge she was often seen staggering to her 4x4.
Its a disgrace!