Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Rutland County Councillors Expenses and Allowances.

Councillors Expenses and Allowances were mentioned at Mondays meeting at Rutland County Council.
 
I wrote a report about that meeting and Mr Richard J Gale (Independent) - OAKHAM NORTH WEST WARD who works very hard for his ward. Sent me the following:

I apologise for not being there as I had intended to do but my work took me up to Cheshire and I was delayed, not getting back home until 8.00pm.
 
You may find it interesting to learn that all Councillors get the basic allowance, with the additional allowances going to Chairmen etc. 
 
Although it is claimed that Rutland is a non-political council, you might form a different view when you see the Political label these chairmen carry. 
 
Most Councillors getting no more than the basic. 
 
Sitting on committees provides no addition allowance. 
 
You will also see that a number of councillors chose not to claim any expences, paying for mileage, postage and telephone out of their allowance. 
 
There is a small number, including myself that in order to save the council the cost of providing a PC and printer, use their own private machines.
 
Richard Gale.