Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Old Vale of Catmose College Oakham Rutland photographs set one


At 4.10 pm on Friday the power was switched of and the old school clock stopped. It should have marked the last time students entered the school. Some naughty students had nicked master keys from teachers earlier in the day and returned to the school later that night. Some trashed parts of the school set for demolition. Others took away items. 

I think what shocks me the most is the waste this move has caused. I was allowed 10 minutes in the art department, plenty of usable things, like new paint and some very expensive large printers. On Monday the keys will be handed to the developers.Some parts of the school are in poor shape, So I imagine the staff and pupils are very pleased to be in the new building. Despite it many faults typical to a new build.

Two young ladies on the way to the swimming pool told me "we have a very nice new school now"







The Old Kitchen Catmose College


The Old Catmose College Reception




Nice Walls Ice Cream, I wonder if Magnums were available, when I was at school we used to be given a small block wrapped in plain white paper no brands.

I am sure I saw those on display at the science museum.



Roger Begy's Conservatives were also responsible for this, The Lib Dems will be painting all Rutland's public buildings orange if they win in May.












Bye Bye old school !!