Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rutland County Council Elections

Rutland County Council Elections.

I witnessed the opening of postal votes at Rutland County Council again this afternoon. A very smooth and professional operation.

I would like to point out if you make a mistake on your postal vote verification form your vote is rejected.

If you do make a mistake you have until 5pm on Voting Day to claim a new voting pack don't post if you make a mistake. Rutland County Council will not notify you of any mistake leading to a  rejection, so please read the instructions carefully and most certainly no tippex in the signature box, the signature must match that on the database I witnessed how this process is checked. I have also witnessed many rejected votes and I expect there will be many more such a pity to waste a vote.

Whilst at the council office I received a telephone call from Oakham Police an update about the hate mail I receive, I know the sender is reading this so I will say well done you managed to not leave any DNA or prints on the letters. They have the cheek to say I am mad. Surely for someone to go to much trouble as expense as you clearly do, is that not a bit mad and you also went to a lot of trouble putting up all those posters. I am hoping it will all back fire on you.

I visited Oakham police station and rather unhelpful Mr Smith was on the front desk and he said I chose to live in the public life so I should expect your kind of behaviour. I don't see why I should expect it, I am certainly learning to accept it.