Thursday, May 05, 2011

Greetham Polling Station Rutland County Elections


Fortunately I know where the community centre is in Greetham so I was able to find the Polling Station. No thanks to any statuary signs. I can only assume Mrs Briggs had not been to visit this polling station before 3pm today. I spoke to the presiding officer who told me everyone knows where the community centre is and he may be able to erect a sign.


I found a small sign in the car park, I was amused by the pegs, is that Pink for me and Blue for Conservative Begy?



Early evening the sign above appeared in Great Lane.

I was pleased to say all signs of posters supporting Conservative Roger Begy and attacking me appeared to have been removed from Greetham. Disappointingly new posters had been displayed in Pickworth and Stretton.

The Polling Stations at Clipsham and Stretton were very well signed.

I was again amused to observe voters at Clipsham Olive Branch, A question was asked of the teller, I don't like either candidate what do I do? the tellers response was spoil the paper or leave it blank.  I have noticed there appears to be a good turn out in Rutland most likely due to people wanting to vote in the referendum rather than the local elections. This could be heard being discussed at a Oakham polling station.