Sunday, May 08, 2011

Spoilt Ballot Papers Rutland County Council Elections and Thanks

I was told I might see some ballot papers used to write rude comments.

I am pleased to say there was none of this from the Greetham Ward voters.

I am sure there were possible a tiny few Tory voters who may have been tempted and realised  Mr Begy would prefer their support on the ballot paper and they could save their rude comments for the postal system or my blog.

I noticed one very polite comment it simply read NO THANK YOU

I thank all my voters for your support, because I heard so many people say we don't vote because it will never change anything.

I won't say never again. Although I feel that way at the moment they fought a dirty battle.

I frequently heard a worrying story relating to property issues. How a senior Conservative County Councillor had tried to gently persuade a elderly resident to sell land he owned to that councillor. When this failed he asked someone who he thought he could trust to go and have a cup of tea with the elderly gentleman and make him see the error of his ways! I would have loved to see the Councillors face when the man said he was related to this elderly resident. What disgraceful behaviour and the story was confirmed by a Oakham Business man who was able to name all involved without any help from me.

A Rutland County Councillor has told me the same Councillor is amongst the same group who have fell out with Hawksmead for refusing planning permission for Sainsbury, despite the promise of approval.
An email I previously publish clearly shows there has been a huge argument amongst all of them at RCC.
I am now told Waitrose has been given the same promise. I guess that make sense because they need the money from the College sale.

Roger Begy made a interesting comment on counting day BBC Radio Leicester he said once again the Council is non political! Every Councillor votes according to conscience.Really Mr Beggy? So why the very public split within the chamber last year?