Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Dear Rutland County Council, Freedom of Information and Data Protection

Rutland County Council, Freedom of Information and Data Protection.

I wrote to Rutland County Council and requested information. It appears a lot of what I have requested has been held back. The information I have received will be published in most cases it shows a total lack of respect towards me. ie Why do members feel the need to refer to me as the "idiot" or just Brookes?

The likes of Plews, Begy, King and Briggs need to learn some simple manners.


Dear Rutland County Council,

May 2011 I made a freedom of information and data protection request, I was was told all the information was available for me to collect today.

I have sorted through the documents.

Please can you explain the following:

When I sent a email to Oakham Town Councillor Alf Dewis relating to Mr Duncans Election posters and photographs on my blog in the same fashion the press covered the story, it prompted the following response from two Rutland County Councillors (my ref 001)

Conservative Councillor Hugh Rees to all cabinet

Do you need more evidence that this man suffers from paranoia? Hugh

Conservative Councillor Heather Wells to Cabinet

So what can we do to help him from a medical perspective? Which would in turn minimise the disruption he causes elsewhere. H

These emails are dated April 22nd 2010 there appears to be a very large gap before the next?

Alison the Assistant Town Clerk told me I was likely to see emails she sent to RCC relating to my time as a Oakham Town Councillor. Why have these not been handed to me? why are there no emails or letters relating to anything to do with Oakham Town Council?

I read the collating officers email in this she sets out out the legal requirement to provide all documents.
There are far to many gaps, The gaps seem to have arisen because each councillor has been asked to search there own files.

For example what prompted Conservative Councillor Gene Plews to write to Conservative Leader Roger Begy on the 27th November 2010 17.32 (my ref 10) and refer to me as "this idiot" it is clear from the 9.01 am something was forwarded to Roger Begy and he sent a reply only containing "????"

It is very clear from the e-mails I have been handed there has been a lot of communication between Rutland County Council and the police.

It did amuse me to read Conservative Councillor Gene Plews sort legal advice regarding me saying he had nicked one of my ideas to promote himself to the voters. I hope his solicitor did not charge to much.

He also complained and suggested a leaflet I distributed around Oakham asking people to vote and if they wanted change don't vote Tory was illegal.

Conservative Deputy Leader Cllr King also appears to missed a few out

So in finishing will Rutland County Council please send all the missing documents.


From

Martin Brookes