Friday, October 21, 2011

Another patronising email from Councillor Alf Dewis, Oakham Town Council

Another patronising email from Councillor Alf Dewis 


It looks like he costing the tax payer more money with Standards Complaints, number six this month
I think he is losing the plot. (oops! that will be number 7?)


It must be so hard for him, he keeps trying with his terrible three to remove me from the council.


What he can not understand is Oakham Town Council lost its way many years ago and I am starting to believe it is impossible to fix.


As far as I know its not individual Councillors jobs to fix the budget, its our job to approve one, we pay the Clerk a huge amount of money to prepare the budget, in the same way the County Council pays officers to set its budget.


I am not sure Cllr Dewis knows what the public wants so why he questions me I don't know, when he was elected in September 2009 he had not knocked on doors, he said "he did not need to speak to people" and like the rest of us he was not elected by the voters this year.


I agree with Cllr Adam Lowe we don't get paid and we don't need this crap, but I stick it out because as the public should know by now my goal is to stop this council wasting their money and if I gave up again they would still continue to harass me, I am not in employment so I have the time to battle on.


Only this week the NALC Solicitor has recommended the Council stops giving away grants with no conditions attached. Its a great pity Councillors were not aware of that recommendation when it gave away £800 to Oakham Town Partnership  last week, "We must trust them" was the response from the Deputy Chairman when I objected to giving the money with no firm reason for giving it, I assume the same stance will be taken again when the Council considers applications from Oakham in Bloom and the Oakham Festival. Cllr Maureen Dodds Said "we give the cash because its a tradition" 





----- Original Message -----
From: Alf Dewis
Sent: 10/21/11 03:18 PM
To: 'Cllr Martin Brookes', rutland.editorial@jpress.co.uk, gpook@rutland.gov.uk, alan.duncan.mp@parliament.uk, LucasHackGreen@aol.com, 'Charles Haworth', 'Adam Lowe', 'Robert Guthrie', 'John Nowell', jayne6@btinternet.com, 'Peter Lockett', 'Maureen Dodds', chris_hopkin@o2.co.uk
Subject: RE: Council Objectives

Dear Martin


Thank you for your response to my request to identify Council objectives, the lack of which was identified before you re-joined the Council in May but not actioned until now.  Unfortunately I was unable to find any content in your email regarding your views on the direction the Council should take.  I can only conclude that this is an oversight as I’m sure the people who voted for you to represent them would want an input into this very important topic.  If you are unsure of how to identify objectives or require some support and assistance through the concept and theory of corporate strategy please mention it to me on Wednesday evening at the Committee Meeting and I will be only too pleased to help you.  I know that you are keen on team working so please don’t be afraid to ask.


Now we come to the time to re-hang the spam filter door.  It is with great sadness that I do this as I will now have to rely on people sending me your emails to ask my advice on whether they are worthy of a standards complaint.


My best wishes as ever


Regards


Alf





PS I consider your last email to me worthy of a standards complaint so I will be forwarding it to the Monitoring Officer.









From: Cllr Martin Brookes [mailto:councillormartinbrookes@email.com]
Sent: 21 October 2011 10:54
To: rutland.editorial@jpress.co.uk; gpook@rutland.gov.uk; alan.duncan.mp@parliament.uk; alf@alfdewisconsultancy.co.uk; LucasHackGreen@aol.com; Charles Haworth; Adam Lowe; Robert Guthrie; John Nowell; jayne6@btinternet.com; Peter Lockett; Maureen Dodds; chris_hopkin@o2.co.uk
Cc: Richard White
Subject: Re: Council Objectives








This morning I received the following email from Cllr Dewis, I don't often receive e-mails from this thug and it seems he often blocks mine as spam, strange when you consider nearly all his standards complaints against me relate to my e-mail and my blog he also says he does not. It must have caused him and the other terrible three great pain to include me in council business





What I particularly like about this email is the admission the council lack objectives or as I previously stated no strategic plan.








----- Original Message -----


From: Alf Dewis


Sent: 10/21/11 09:53 AM


To: LucasHackGreen@aol.com, 'Charles Haworth', 'Adam Lowe', 'Robert Guthrie', 'John Nowell', jayne6@btinternet.com, 'Peter Lockett', 'Maureen Dodds', chris_hopkin@o2.co.uk, 'Cllr Martin Brookes'


Subject: Council Objectives





When, at the last Council meeting, we started to discuss the budget we came across the age old problem of not having Council objectives on which to base our considerations.  At the moment we set the budget based on the previous year’s figures. 








After discussion with the Chairman it was decided that the Policy and Procedures Working Group undertakes work on this topic and bring a report forward to a meeting of the Council on 14Th December 2011, so that all members can debate the recommendations.  It would be useful to have input from all on what you consider the priorities should be (together with estimated costs).  Please let me have your views of the objectives the Council should pursue categorised in –








1. Short term ( by end of financial year 2012/13)





2. Medium term (by end of the present Council 2014/2015), and





3. Long term (2015 +)





This needs to be completed fairly quickly to allow us to use the information in this year’s budget process so please let me have your views by 31st October 2011.








Martin








I have removed the spam filter from your address so that you can reply.  Following receipt of your next email it will go back on again so I hope it contains your proposals.








I look forward to receiving the views of you all.








Regards








Alf














Cllr. Martin Brookes
Oakham Town Council

13 Willow Crescent

Oakham
Rutland
LE15 6EQ


Your other Oakham South East ward Councillors are

Cllr Adam Lowe and Cllr Rob Guthrie

adamredverslowe5181@yahoo.com

rbguthrie2000-oakham@yahoo.co.uk

Oakham Town Coucil can be contacted via the web

http://www.oakhamtowncouncil.gov.uk/contactus.asp

By Post:
Oakham Town Council,
Victoria Hall,
39, High Street,
Oakham,
Rutland,
LE15 6AH

By Telephone:
(01572) 723627

By Fax:
(01572) 759395












Cllr. Martin Brookes
Oakham Town Council

13 Willow Crescent
Oakham
Rutland
LE15 6EQ


Your other Oakham South East ward Councillors are

Cllr Adam Lowe and Cllr Rob Guthrie

adamredverslowe5181@yahoo.com

rbguthrie2000-oakham@yahoo.co.uk

Oakham Town Coucil can be contacted via the web

http://www.oakhamtowncouncil.gov.uk/contactus.asp

By Post:
Oakham Town Council,
Victoria Hall,
39, High Street,
Oakham,
Rutland,
LE15 6AH

By Telephone:
(01572) 723627

By Fax:
(01572) 759395