Friday, October 07, 2011

Collecting Oakham Town Councils Agenda and Supporting Documents

Collecting Oakham Town Councils Agenda and Supporting Documents.

This morning I received an email from the Town Clerk, asking me what time would I be coming into the office to collect agendas.

I was surprised by this request because I had thought this was banned by the full council.

For some time now I have protected myself whilst visiting the councils office I have used concealed recording equipment.

During my visit today the Clerk told me this was not a one off, I could collect the agenda on the Friday before the meeting. (saving the tax payer a large amount of postage) He said and repeated, He had never had a problem with me collecting the agenda. He said it was other Councillors who were complaining I was seeing supporting information before them.

How petty are they....?

During the early part of my visit, Richard told me he is suffering from a terrible condition known as 
Ménière's disease, I have witnessed symptoms related to this over the past few months. Sufferers also tend to have high stress and anxiety due to the unpredictable nature of the disease. So can I suggest Cllrs Lucas,Haworth and Dewis stop adding to his suffering and stop making his life difficult by with your petty requests to exclude me from information. And the same request goes to the ex Councillors who keep asking him to get rid of me.