Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oakham Mayor Cllr Joyce Lucas Thanks All?

Oakham Mayor thanks all. In her letter She mentions the staggering amount raised for her charity the Oakham Branch of The Royal British Legion.

Oddly she forgot to thank the local tax payer, who paid for this wonderful event held at Oakham Castle. It was attended by less than a hundred people and the cost of the Castle Hire, the printing of 150 full colour programs, we were told took a whole day of the assistant clerks paid time. All this and more was staggeringly cost a lot more than the staggering sum raised. Oakham Town Council is fortunate it does not need to be accountable in anyway to Oakham tax payers?

I suggest next time she can save costs and stand outside Tesco and meet a lot more people to satisfy her ego and in turn raise a raise a truly staggering amount like that raised by the Soldiers Charity.


Oakham Mayor Joyce Lucas Letter:

May I offer my sincere thanks to all who made the Carols in the Castle such a success. Thank you to Croft Bakery for the donation of the birthday cake for our 100-year-old alderman. Thanks to all the museum staff who were extremely helpful.

To the performers and helpers and to the audience who helped in so many ways. Thank you.
It was certainly a joyous occasion, I have received so many complimentary e-mails and comments from people who attended. Thank you to all who contributed to my charity, the Royal British Legion, it amounted to a staggering £101.80.
While I am thanking people may I also add my sincere thanks to the fire, ambulance and police services, Rutland Memorial Hospital, Care Village and Medical Practice for all their work.
Best wishes to all the pupils and staff of schools in Oakham. I hope they have a good Christmas. I have enjoyed my visits and look forward to their performances in the New Year.
A huge thank-you to my fellow town councillors for all your hard work behind the scenes and to the officers to the town council for keeping us informed and working the schedules – this is not an easy task.
It has been a very busy year so far and I hope I have not left anyone out of my thanks.
I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.
Joyce Lucas
Mayor of Oakham,
Lonsdale Way, Oakham