Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cllr Joyce Lucas, Oakham Town Council, Touting for Queens Honour?




I was pointed into the direction of Councillor Joyce Lucas's Column in
this weeks Rutland Times. You must read it I was told. So reluctantly I did.

She starts with an admission that over the years her column has ruffled a
few feathers. ( I understand the Rutland  Times won't publish the truth of what people
say about the column, not wishing to offend its readers any more than it does by
publishing the column in the first place)

And yes, I agree with the person who pointed it out to me. Knowing
Councillor Lucas and her egotistic ways, is she touting for a honour from
the Queen for all her and hubbies good deeds published week after week
in the same publication?

She says nomination is easy and she will happily point people in the right
direction. I hope the Cabinet Office read the Rutland Times?

A Oakham resident was awarded this year, I have asked around, who
is this lady and what did she do, know one has a clue. Now to me that
is a deserving cause.

Cllr Lucas is always going on about being a Christian, As far as I remember
from Christian teachings I endured once. You do something for some one
and you don't shout about and you don't expect a reward.