Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Old Probation Office, Police Station, Leicestershire Police, Oakham, Rutland




The old Probation Office / Police Station

I am looking at the limited plans correctly this build will have its roof
removed to form part of Leicestershire Police plans for a proposed
new smaller police station.

Another small part of Oakham's character and charm will be lost for
good.



so far my comment sent to RCC planning is the only one
it needs better, mine was slightly mischievous and they accepted it!

Consultation End Date12/03/2013


http://planningonline.rutland.gov.uk:7777/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=60894

I think the new build will spoil an already spoilt street scene.

Public comment can help the Brewery that owns the Horse Shoe Pub withdrew its application
to convert to a supermarket there were a lot of objectors.

When this application comes before Oakham Town Council I will be surprised if there will be
any objections as they have in the past shown no interest in preserving old buildings.

They wrote me once and told me it was not there job to help preserve Oakham's history
when I asked them to assist in saving the two fine Victorian Houses in Gaol Street. Work
went ahead and Rutland County Council to this day said they could not afford enforcement
action?