Monday, July 14, 2014

Martin Brookes, Statement Regarding Leicestershire Police, Anti Corruption Unit Major Investigation, Rutland

Martin Brookes, Statement Regarding Leicestershire Police, Anti Corruption Unit Major Investigation, Rutland

DCI Hurst Head of the Leics Police Anti Corruption Unit, Today started a major investigation.

Two officers from the the unit interviewed me for three hours

They are currently investigating allegations of corruption between The Police and the local authorities, Oakham Town Council and Rutland County Council.

The failure of the police to deal with homophobic hate crimes carried out persons who are members or connected to those authorities past or present.

I have no connection to the other investigation involving the UKIP Cllrs.

I am advised throughout the investigation that I should not compromise the investigation and will therefore refrain from comment or naming individuals until findings are made public.

As I did with the Standards Investigation into Sgt C Wharton.  I am continuing with civil action against the Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police. Regarding that matter.