Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Oakham Town Council Co-opts Two New Councillors Mr Ind and Mrs Wadsworth

Oakham Town Council Co-opts Two New Councillors Mr Ind and Mrs Wadsworth















Sally-Anne Wadsworth was co-opted this evening, Sally-Anne is the nice
lady who run Kids and More Clothing shop in Crown walk which I assume
will now become a council office for local parents.


Peter Ind is a former Rutland County Councillor and Uppingham
Town Councillor who was Mayor a few years ago, he is a very professional
addition to our council.

This evening was also the first meeting attended by recently co-opted Tracy
Carr another professional.

It was good to see all the new members actually speaking at their first meeting
I am sure they are going to be a great asset to our council. None of them seem
to be anything like the old guard I can remember the old guard telling me
I should not speak for the first few meetings. Utter rubbish a Cllr should
start off as they mean to continue.